Lying in my hospital bed after an operation made me reflect on major events in my life.
I had told my children many stories of my youth in Africa; nevertheless, I suspected my adventures were soon forgotten. As an exercise, I decided to make a list and eventually I had over one hundred stories.
I thought of writing these down so my children (now they are very much adults) would have the opportunity to read my tales. So, I started this blog.
These stories are 99% true, the remaining 1% is the cement that fills the gaps in my memories.
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you enjoy my tales of a different era. Click here for the contents page.
Looking forward to the stories!